Logistics Quality Manager
Can you ensure that the quality and food safety requirements for finished products from Specialized Nutrition (SN) Supply Points and 3rd party manufacturers are maintained during receiving, co-packing, storage and distribution through the Medical Distribution Centre (MDC) and its business partners? This role is part of our Specialized Nutrition warehouse located in Venlo.
About the Job
In the role of Logistics Quality Manager you will be reporting to the global logistics manager. From Danone Nutricia you will be the only employee based in our Venlo warehouse where you work together with our 3rd party provider. In addition your responsibilities will include:
Logistics Quality Assurance
- Ensure a high level of service quality delivered by MDC and their business partners
- Qualify warehouse and distribution partners through (risk based) audits in line with SN’s supplier qualification processes
- Draft, sign and maintain quality contracts to ensure written compliance to SN standards
- Review, improve and govern quality performance
- Coordinate information streams related to alerts and incidents and escalate to the Logistics manager and the Global Quality in CBUs Leader
- Support investigation and corrective action implementation, also when initiated by SP QA or SC.
- Drive acquiring the right quality certification or registration of warehouse
Lead performance and continuous improvement projects on possible following areas:
- Define and drive continuous improvement projects with the warehouse supplier DSV in the area of WISE and Safety standards, inventory, returns and any other processes
- Participation to projects or lead projects related to compliance with Danone requirements (Dango, Vestalis risk mapping etc.)
Be the key contact for logistics quality:
- Maintaining a good relationship to Central QFS and the CBU quality community and being the key logistics quality contact for them within Distribution and Logistics. This can be either in creating new processes and procedures or in solving issues and crises.
- Act as the (deputy) BUCM (Business Unit Crisis Manager) for Distribution and Logistics.
- Regular alignment with Global Quality Team on compliance, standards and any other topic
Manage quality daily operations:
- Perform daily activities related to stock quality block and releases, returns stock management
- Perform traceability exercises together with parties involved
- Logistics complaints investigation, trends and corrective actions
- Other activities required for high quality daily operations
To be successful in the role of Logistics Quality Manager we expect you to have a bachelor or master degree in a (food) technical or quality discipline with a minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience. Aside of being based in Venlo we also expect this person to be at least one day every two weeks in Zoetermeer. In addition you should have:
- Knowledge or warehousing & distribution processes e.g. ERP systems and
- Knowledge of quality systems like ISO 9001/22000 and HACCP.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision to achieve results effectively.
- Participation to continuous improvement programs is a plus.
- Audit experience is a plus.
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Click here to discover more about Danone in the Benelux.
At Danone, we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave and discounts on a collective health insurance and even on some of our products.
Hit the “apply now” button. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me