Market Intelligence Manager
We are looking for a Market Intelligence Manager to build and lead our market intelligence function for Dairy, Packaging, Energy and Agro commodities.
About the Job
Danone Cycles & Procurement are shifting our focus in procurement to fully support our “One Planet, One health” purpose. This change contains improving our ways of working on a variety of areas like Sustainability, Business Partnering, Supply Management, Procurement Excellence, and Digital Innovation.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the analysis, forecasting and explanation of Dairy, Packaging, Energy and Agro commodity markets (c. €4bn annual exposure) to internal Danone stakeholders: Risk Management, Procurement, Business, Controlling, Senior Management . You will be responsible for a small team of 2 market analysts.
You will report to the Director of Commodity Risk Management and your key missions will notably include:
- Harmonize and structure fundamental analysis across categories : supply & demand, stocks, trade flows, macroeconomics, regulatory
- Produce commodity price forecasting to support Finance processes: monthly Rolling Forecast, annual Strategic Plan
- Deliver quarterly commodity market report for Finance/Procurement VPs presented at Danone COMEX level
- Streamline the internal Data building & management process to optimize efficiencies and leverage market data usage across the organization
- Support Risk Management strategies and hedge recommendations
- Leverage data sciences to design support decision tools for Risk Management
- Manage Danone relationship and budget with external consultants
- Connect and build relationships with external experts in their respective field to provide relevant insights to internal Danone stakeholders
- Build Competitor analysis by Category or WBU/Product line.
- Create an overall macro economic analysis on a monthly basis and base assumptions for Budget and Strategic Plan.
- Find potential external partners/ data suppliers to optimize Danone market data management (collection & structure)
You will provide maximum leverage to the organization with regards to Danone Commodity Risk Management and financial P&L forecasting.
To be successful in this role, you have a Master Degree, with proven experience analyzing global commodity markets, building technical analysis and forecasting models, leveraging technology to bring efficiencies and continuous improvement. You are a great networker who can build relationships with key internal (Risk Management, Procurement, Controlling, Business) and external stakeholders.
We will welcome an open-minded, reliable, proactive and team-oriented person. Strong communication (verbal/written) and technical skills are required to connect internally and convey complex concepts and market dynamics in common-sense language.
This is a challenging role, are you ready for that? If your answer is yes, apply today!
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Click here to discover more about Danone in the Benelux.
At Danone, we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave and several discounts on a collective health insurance and even on some of our products.
Hit the “apply now”. To comply with GDPR, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me: