Medical Affairs Manager Paediatrics
Are you looking for your next challenge within medical affairs management associated with a true purpose? Do you also believe that by helping mums and babies get the right nutrition during the first 1,000 days from conception to two years old, we can positively influence the child’s short- and long-term health?
About the Job
As our Medical Affairs Manager Paediatrics, you are responsible for the topic of Paediatrics (including our first milks portfolio) and you help to define commercial strategy and execution as well as local implementation of Medical strategies in the Benelux. You report to the Head of Paediatrics and your key responsibilities are the following.
KOL & stakeholder network
- Establish and develop KOL / HCP networks in the Paediatrics area in Belgium and build strong relationships with relevant specialists and stakeholders in this field,
- Drive the sponsoring, organization and implementation of KOL and HCP events (ad boards, congresses, meetings,…) as well as support and participate in local events (symposia, conferences) set up by marketing and sales functions,
- Participate in national and international symposia and events in Paediatrics (incl. ESPGHAN and Nutrition & Growth),
- Be the key contact to local Paediatrics associations and networks,
- Be the medical person towards the local sales community.
Medical & Scientific responsibility
- Be a content driven sparring partner for the Paediatrics community (incl. Global, R&I and medical affairs managers of other CBUs),
- Drive medical & scientific content during internal cross-functional meetings to ensure medical equity of the commercial proposition,
- Develop the medical insights and rationales behind our Paediatrics product portfolio,
- Develop and coordinate the local clinical evidence generation to support Nutricia Paediatrics value proposition and superiority with both Nutritional Experts and Specialists,
- Gather insights from the field and identify opportunities to develop the Paediatric business further
- Train internal people on the medical landscape in Paediatrics, clinical practices, healthcare environment and product positioning,
- Ensure development of educational and training materials for Paediatrics within the Benelux cluster,
- Provide learning solutions & pro-active communication internally and externally on scientific evidence of the composition & use of the category, products and services,
- Assure credible and aligned messages across function, business, communication channels and target audiences to maximize the opportunity, sustain company credibility and minimize risks.
Besides, you are also responsible for the local medical budget within the Business Activation Team. You ensure a close connection and proximity with Belgian sales and marketing team members and you are a key contributor to build & strengthen team spirit & motivation.
To be able to achieve the above, you have a Master or PhD in Life Science or Nutrition and at least 1-4 years’ experience in Medical Affairs (in health care, food, science or pharmaceutical industry).
If you are our ideal candidate, you also need the following:
- Fluency in French & English (ideally Dutch as well)
- A strong team spirit
- Both content driven and commercial oriented
- Perseverance and strong push
- Excellent social & communication skills with the ability to easily interact with people (both internally and externally) and to establish strong positive relationship with HCPs
- Project management skills
Dedicated to bringing health through food to as many people as possible, Danone is a leading global food & beverage company building on health-focused and fast-growing categories in three businesses: Essential Dairy & Plant-Based Products, Waters and Specialized Nutrition. Danone aims to inspire healthier and more sustainable eating and drinking practices, in line with its ‘One Planet. One Health’ vision which reflects a strong belief that the health of people and that of the planet are interconnected.
In the Benelux, Danone Specialized Nutrition business operates under the Nutricia brand.
Since 1896, Nutricia has pioneered nutritional solutions that help people live longer, more joyful and healthier lives. Building on more than a century of research and innovation, Nutricia has harnessed the power of life-changing and life-saving nutrition to create a leading specialized nutrition portfolio that can change a health trajectory for life. With its nutritional solutions, Nutricia supports healthy growth and development during the first 1000 days and helps to address some of the world’s biggest health challenges; pre-term birth, faltering growth, food allergy, rare metabolic diseases, age-related conditions and chronic disease, such as frailty, cancer, stroke and early Alzheimer’s disease.
You join the Peadiatrics team led by Pavel Smoljko, part of the extended Benelux Medical department (Adult, Peadiatrics, Market Access & Careline). You work with highly motivated colleagues driven by medical & science but also very keen on having a lot of fun!
In this team, collaboration is key whether it is within the medical affairs team or cross-functionally (sales, marketing, …). Being part of the Benelux cluster, you also have the opportunity to have close contact with our Global headquarter and our Research & Innovation center, located in the Netherlands.
Danone Nutricia is looking for a Medical Affairs Manager for the Paediatrics category in Belgium (Brussels). Apply now and help us to build & sustain trust through credibility of our business and brands and engage with all health stakeholders in order to get HCP endorsement of our products & services.
At Danone we offer a complete package of benefits, with a good primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 29 days annual leave, discounts on a collective health insurance and our Danone products.
We invite you to apply online via our website. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me: