Nutrition scientist oncology
Nutricia Research is looking for a Nutrition Scientist Oncology to strengthen the oncology research team of Marion Jourdan.
The oncology therapeutic area is complex and the market highly competitive. Malnutrition and cachexia are commonly observed in cancer patients and are associated with increased mortality/morbidity and poorer clinical outcomes. Evidence-based medical nutrition product portfolio addresses the needs of cancer patients throughout their journey. The oncology research team works in close connection with other functions at R&D (e.g. Clinical Studies, Life Science and Product Development) as well as with commercial functions (e.g. Marketing and Medical Affairs) to deliver and build the evidence pipeline and ensure scientific substantiation for innovation/renovation.
Other key responsibilities :
- Translate knowledge of disease-related impaired metabolism and nutritional needs of cancer patient into new product/innovation compositions; Provide scientific and nutritional expertise in cross-functional innovation project addressing specific health benefit
- Generate new evidence for innovation and/or strengthening of commercialised products
- Contribute to the regular updating of scientific and nutritional dossiers for existing products
- Contribute to leverage evidence to commercial functions by presenting and writing in an effective way
- Contribute to the maintenance and growth of a strong external scientific network.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- PhD degree in nutrition or in a biomedical background
- Strong knowledge and experience in the field of oncology
- >3 years previous experience in a commercial or medical/therapeutic setting is an advantage
- Flexible and able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary environment with competing and changing priorities
To be successful in this role you have good communication skills (English) to interact with internal stakeholders and build a network also outside Nutricia Research. Additionally you must have experience in project management and a creative and innovative nature. You are output focused and pragmatic but you are also precise. Furthermore you are flexible and able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary environment with competing and changing priorities[JM1] .
How to apply?
You can apply with your resume and cover letter. For information about the procedure you can contact Joyce van der Burg (corporate recruiter), Joyce.email@example.com.
Note that application through email cannot be processed.