Are you a Packaging Engineer, looking to drive consumer-centric packaging innovations that drive circular economy? Do you want to have the opportunity to influence the future design direction of Specialized Nutrition?
About the Job
In this role, you will act either as project member or project leader and will be a knowledgeable technical partner for the multi-functional teams.
You will work cooperatively with Marketing, R&I Product and Technology, Quality, Regulatory and Global Ops multi-functional teams to ensure project success. You will manage the technical relationship with external suppliers and have the right joint working practices in place to enable fast and efficient implementation of projects.
Specifically, you will:
- Independently lead development projects from design trough development and qualification of all packaging technical elements (e.g. primary and secondary packaging development)
- Ensure quality and safety standards are met and that materials are evaluated for compliance and applicable legislation
- Conduct packaging and machine trials, transport tests to validate product life cycle
- Deliver and maintain the content of technical specifications for all packaging components developed in a project
- Keep up to date with new packaging innovations and market trends and to generate new opportunities based on insights and creativity
You are packaging engineer with a passion for packaging and consumer driven innovation, and strong interest in further developing holistic packaging design skills.
Next to that, you have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Packaging, Industrial Design, Engineering, or a similar field.
- 1-3 years of experience in packaging component development and supply chain qualification.
- Ability to work closely and influence design agency and marketing on the design to enable robust execution at the best value
- Ability to manage and influence pack components suppliers at each phase of the project
- A persuasive and enthusiastic personality, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have entrepreneurial spirit. Collaborative style with good communication skills.Excellent English skills (written & verbal)
Do you want to emphasize consumer and customer-winning pack designs, creating high quality packaging, in conjunction to functionality; cost optimization & sustainability. Then join us as a Packaging Technologist at Danone Nutricia R&I in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
At Danone, we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave and several discounts on a collective health insurance and even on some of our products. But more importantly – many opportunities for next steps in your career. Developing our talent is important to us, empowerment and a can-do attitude is what drives us and this is how you can drive your career.
Working at Danone in these times is as challenging as it is amazing and there are many interesting career opportunities within our organization.
Nutricia Research is part of Danone. R&D is an important basis of the work we do in nutrition and health. We collaborate with partners, for example in academia, suppliers and healthcare, we aim to identify new nutritional intervention opportunities and develop innovative product forms. Our largest innovation center is in Utrecht Science Park, the Netherlands. It is a state-of-the-art center for the development of new nutritional product concepts for Early Life Nutrition and Advanced Medical Nutrition. We create products that provide clinically proven health benefits to vulnerable consumers – infants, toddlers, expecting mothers, the elderly and patients.
Are you the Packaging Technologist we are looking for? Apply for the role before November 25th 2019 via our Careers Website. Please note that due to GDPR regulations we can only accept applications via our Careers Website.
If you have any question about the position or the recruitment procedure, please contact me: