Are you a passionate Pack technologist who wants to make a difference in infant formula production, innovate and ensure excellence in process development?
Nutricia Danone Research is searching for a Pack Technologist to strengthen the Early Life Nutrition Milks R&I Factory Technologist team of Miranda Plas. The team consists of packaging and product technologists that act as linking pin between Research & Innovation and Operations.
As pack technologist, you will ensure new and reformulated pack formats can be implemented in production scale and that targeted product performance as well as operational efficiencies are achieved. The main pack types in our scope are: Easy pack, Bag in Box, Metal Cans, Jewel box and sachets. You are expected to have stakeholder management skills as the Factory technologist team is a key partner to product and process developers, factories, global operations, and the quality department, amongst others.
As pack technologist, you are expected to deliver expertise contribution both on primary and secondary pack formats. You are also expected to bring support to other team members on technical topics, co-create a team atmosphere with a continuous drive for growth, excellence and effectiveness
Moreover, you will represent the factory technologist team in cross functional projects, cross functional project collaborative platforms and provide internal updates to the PD3 EU team (product, process & pack development department).
- Confident & positive personality, with ability to engage others in a complex multi-disciplinary setting
- Understanding group dynamics and ways to approach individuals on a person-based manner.
- Driven & resilient to face and overcome challenges in a dynamic and demanding environment
Key words: Leadership, Strong Communicator, Business acumen, Results Driven, Ownership, Enthusiastic and team player that fits our Danone values
- Working in and managing projects for the European portfolio for Pack Technology on Powder products:
- Ensure new and reformulated pack formats can be implemented in production scale and that targeted product performance as well as operational efficiencies are achieved.
- Participates in various challenging pack development projects in multidisciplinary teams with colleagues from research, operations and quality.
- As a Technologist in Pack your specific role will be:
- Acting as an important link between R&D and operations in implementing and securing our pack processes.
- Prototyping, lab trials and analyses
- Factory trials, implementation and technical support (best practices and troubleshooting) to factories is substantial part of the work which means frequent travel, especially within Europe might be required, (indication: up to approx. 20% of time)
- Work together with other colleagues in the center of excellence pack department, Operations, Engineering, Quality & Food Safety
- Work together with local factory Technologists, Project leaders, Change managers and line management.
We are looking for a pack technologist with;
- Proven track record in Packaging Development/Technology, at M.Sc. level or similar educational background (Materials Science Engineering, Packaging Technology, Packaging/Tools building technology)
- 3 - 5 years relevant experience on packaging development for a FMCG, Pharma company or Pack related company (Packaging supplier, machine supplier, engineering agency). Internship experience also counts.
- Capable of working in cross-functional project teams with challenging deliverables and deadlines.
- Adequately mastering pack technology fundamentals and how to apply these in a practical way.
- Able to communicate effectively to various functions and levels (operator to director) within R&D, Operations & QFS. Fluency in English.
- A vision and understanding of what is happening in the packaging business.
About Danone and our mission
Danone is a multinational food company dedicated to bringing health through food to as many people as possible. This mission guides our 2.250 “Danoners” in the Netherlands and more than 100.000 worldwide on an everyday basis.
Nutricia Research is part of Danone. R&D is an important basis of the work we do in nutrition and health. We collaborate with partners, for example in academia, suppliers and healthcare, we aim to identify new nutritional intervention opportunities and develop innovative product forms. Our largest innovation centre is located on Utrecht Science Park, the Netherlands. It is a state-of-the-art centre for the development of new nutrition product concepts for Early Life Nutrition and Advanced Medical Nutrition. We create products that provide clinically proven health benefits to vulnerable consumers – infants, toddlers, expecting mothers, the elderly and patients.
Are you the Pack Technologist we are looking for?
If you want to work in an innovative multinational company with interesting career prospects. Please apply.
If you have any question about the position or the recruitment procedure, please contact Joyce van den Burg via email to Joyce.firstname.lastname@example.org