Paperbased Packaging Procurement Intern
Do you have the enthusiasm and drive to become part of procurement in Danone, co-operating with European teams across ten countries with external suppliers and internal stakeholders? This is your chance to gain experience at a leading international FMCG – apply now!
About the Internship
You will be part of Danone’s procurement team responsible for procuring paper products from the carton paper wrap around on multi-pack Activia yoghurts, to the logistics boxes used to ship Evian water worldwide, to the printed trays which the retailers use to quickly arrange our products on the shelves.
The Packaging category is vital as its one of the first touch points for the customer to decide whether to purchase the product. This in turn means that the category is rapidly changing with continuous new designs, new shapes and new products.
As the Paperbased Packaging Procurement Intern, you will be responsible for supporting the Buyers in many aspects of the day-to-day life. Your tasks are divided into three categories:
1. Portfolio Data Analysis
- Develop, maintain and analyze the team’s database detailing what we buy in order to identify projects and opportunities
- Support the Buyers in projects focusing on simplification of what we buy including specifications or a catalogue for corrugated items.
- Bring ideas for simplification or improvement of the processes we use
2. Pricing and Contract Management
- Be responsible for pricing activities on new projects (SR/SA process) and the associated KPIs
- Support the Buyers in managing the signature of all supplier contracts and implementing BCP (Business Continuity Plan)
- Refresh and implement the supplier governance, preparing KPIs and attending reviews with suppliers
Next to the above, you will have the chance to help the team on ad hoc projects depending on the timing of your internship. Within this, you will support:
- Implementing projects from the corrugated tender across all divisions of Danone
- Preparation for the upcoming compact paper tender
- Innovation projects across all paper based packaging categories (compact or corrugated)
So, do you have the curiosity and eagerness to develop your procurement skills? Then we are looking for you!
You are a Bachelor/Master student in Purchasing, Operations, Supply Chain, Procurement or another relevant study. You are self-driven and enthusiastic while not being afraid to interact and communicate with your colleagues (in a matrix organization), nevertheless also do not mind working independently. You have a natural curiosity with analytical mindset as well as a strong capacity to adapt. If you have previous experience in presenting and Excel, it is a plus for you.
Next to the above, there are also some hard requirements you need to fulfill:
- You are enrolled as a student for the whole period of the internship (if you are a non-EU citizen, you need to be enrolled at a Dutch university);
- You are fluent in English – oral and written;
- You are available to start as of November 2018 for a minimum of 6 months, 5 days per week;
- You are willing to travel/relocate to Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Hit the “Apply Now” button – the sooner, the better! Part of the recruitment process is a 1st round phone interview with the Talent Manager and a 2nd round interview with the Hiring Manager.
Need more information? Please contact Helin Ardent via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0) 6 278 479 71