Plant Quality Manager
Are you up for the challenge to become the new Plant Quality Manager for our EDP (Essential Dairy and Plant-based) factory? The plant is evolving and transforming to integrate several new technologies / products.
About the Job
In the role of Plant Quality Manager you will be part of the leadership team and the end-responsible from quality & food safety perspective for all products that leave the factory. In this role you report directly toward the Regional Quality Director and dotted line to the Plant Director. In addition your responsibilities will include:
Accountabilities and Strategic vision development for food Quality and Food Safety
- Accountable for the food safety and quality compliance (vs regulation and Danone standards) from the reception of materials up to finished products shipping
- Accountable for the reduction of the consumer complaints and product variability, for the reduction of finished good losses, and for delivering a high level of conformity, by engaging all the functions towards these objectives
- Build the strategic plan for Quality and Food Safety in the factory in accordance with the plant development, the risk assessment and the Danone Quality ambition around delivering the superior experience for our consumers, reducing the costs of non-quality,
BE TRUSTED: Food Safety Compliance to standards
- Run thorough risk analysis to anticipate risks on new projects, new equipment, and new emerging risks
- Implement & maintain Food Safety program to be compliant
BE PREFERRED: Superior experience for consumers and customers to boost growth & innovation
- Define the relevant priorities and resources needed to match consumer expectations vs specifications
- Active contribution to industrialization of innovation / renovation/ transfer projects
BE EFFICIENT: Value for Money and Right the 1st time end to end value chain.
- Contribute to implementation to Danone Efficiency Programs (Neptune 2.0, FS preventive maintenance, Product Superiority Conformity, GOOSE & Sherpa, …)
- Contribute to supplier management by addressing complaints to suppliers when an issue is detected, and engaging the relevant stakeholders to solve the issues
Lead to a successful Culture of Quality
- Organize trainings & coach plant teams for daily Quality management, particularly First Line Managers,
- Contribute to iCare transversal program by engaging his/her team and all plant teams, implement the tools to disseminate and reinforce the Culture of Quality (vision and behaviors).
To be successful in the role of Plant Quality Manager we expect you to have a minimum of 10 years of relevant working experience of which part is within a food manufacturing environment. In addition you should have:
- Knowledge of quality management systems, methods & tools (HACCP, Quality systems, Risk analysis & management, Problem solving, PDCA, etc.)
- Strong project management experience
- Ability to built strong relations with different levels of stakeholders
- Ability to take decision or make recommendations while assuming associated risks.
In this very fast changing environment, we need a strong Plant Quality Manager able to support the transformation of the plant in link with all the other departments, who develops a strong culture of quality, who develops and implements a vision of the "quality of the future".
Did you know that there are over 5 million bottles of Actimel and 500 000 cups of yoghurt produced daily with our high-technological production lines at our factory in Rotselaar? Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Click here to discover more about Danone in the Benelux.
At Danone, we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave and discounts on a collective health insurance and even on some of our products.
Hit the “apply now” button. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me: