Purchasing Internship - Professional Services Benelux
About The Team
You will be part of the Professional Services Category team of 8 people within Cycles & Procurement based in Amsterdam (Schiphol), the Netherlands. The culture is based on freedom and empowerment, this is an environment in which every day is a new adventure – full of possibilities and real excitement.
Our work environment is very international, which will allow you to greatly improve your language, intercultural and interpersonal skills. The Professional Services team includes the following services for Human Resources, Legal, Finance, Travel & Vehicles, IS/IT and Facility Management. Within Global Professional Services Category, you will have to support the team in their mission from contributing to sourcing strategies to maximize value to the business.
- Co-building stakeholders sourcing solutions to secure reliable daily operations;
- Support continuous improvement through innovative solutions and suppliers’ performance;
- Developing access to meaningful external expertise per key function;
- Deliver competitive sourcing solutions to match collaborative productivity targets.
You will be working closely with our Professional Services Procurement Manager Europe and Head and will assist the team by being involved in many projects. Next to team work, you will be also be expected to work individually as one of the objectives is also to lead interesting projects autonomously. You will have the opportunity of high visibility and exposure within the company, therein to the top management.
We are sure that you have become more curious about the tasks and responsibilities that you will have as an intern. We’ve divided them into two main areas for you:
1. Project Management
- Support the Procurement Sourcing Managers in building category strategy and business cases with different suppliers and in coordinating with external and internal stakeholders as required;
- Support the implementation of Protein in the Benelux cluster. Protein is the efficiency program which will generate 1 billion euros in savings by 2020;
- Lead tender activity for the new HQ building of Danone Netherlands.
2. Tender Management
- Manage and/or coordinate the tender process for recognizing opportunities to optimize the current process and analyzing the subsequent supplier selection process;
- Align with the legal department to make sure that documentation used for tenders (contract, specifications, etc.) is aligned with corporate requirements;
- Monitor and communicate supplier contract compliance and ethical progress (Sedex) from the tendering phase to archiving;
- Contract management and Sedex.
As Professional Services Purchasing Intern, you will have a unique possibility to learn about processes and ways of working across all departments in a dynamically developing organization from our office at Schiphol (Amsterdam), NL. Interested? Apply now!
What’s in for you?
As Professional Services Purchasing Intern, you will have a unique possibility to learn about processes and ways of working across all departments in a dynamically developing organization.
- Learn & Grow
You will assist the Professional Services team and will be involved in many projects. You are also expected to work individually, since the objective of this internship is also to assign you interesting projects which you can lead autonomously. Therefore, you will have the opportunity of high visibility and exposure within the company, therein to the top management.
You are a Bachelor/Master student in Business, Supply Chain or Procurement with strong and proven analytical mindset while you are rigorous to structure your work. You like to take responsibility and ownership for your projects while acting with agility, speed and pragmatism. Furthermore, you show curiosity and are also able to easily connect with people.
Next to the above, there are also some hard requirements you need to fulfill:
- You are enrolled as a student for the whole period of the internship (if you are a non-EU citizen, you need to be enrolled at a Dutch university);
- You are fluent in English – oral and written;
- You are available to start as of December 2018 for a minimum of 6 months, 5 days per week;
- You are willing to travel/relocate to Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
At Danone, we are dedicated to achieving health through food. And not only that; we want our mission to benefit people of every age, in every social and cultural environment and in every part of the world - as many people as possible.
Cycles & Procurement is right at the heart of making the Danone vision One Planet. One Health a reality. Through what & how we source, we shape the world in which we operate & we build the future for Danone. With our Cycles we protect and secure our key resources (Milk, Water and Plastic) & we take a strategic approach to Procurement to support the business and social agenda of Danone. We are one team of procurement professionals worldwide working closely together with our colleagues across the Company. We secure competitive, sustainable resources, seek innovative solutions and partner up with suppliers aligned to our vision.
So, are you the Professional Services Purchasing Intern we’re looking for?
Hit the “apply” button now – the sooner, the better. Application closing date – 2 November 2018.
Need more information? Please contact the recruiter below: