Purchasing Internship - Professional Services
About The Team
You will be part of the Professional Services Category team of 8 people within Cycles & Procurement based in Amsterdam (Schiphol), the Netherlands. The culture is based on freedom and empowerment, this is an environment in which every day is a new adventure – full of possibilities and real excitement. Our work environment is very international, which will allow you to greatly improve your language, intercultural and interpersonal skills.
The Professional Services team includes the following services for Human Resources, Legal, Finance, Travel & Vehicles, IS/IT and Facility Management. Within Global Professional Services Category, you will have to support the team in their mission from contributing to sourcing strategies to maximize value to the business.
- Co-building stakeholders sourcing solutions to secure reliable daily operations;
- Support continuous improvement through innovative solutions and suppliers’ performance;
- Developing access to meaningful external expertise per key function;
- Deliver competitive sourcing solutions to match collaborative productivity targets.
Within the team, your mission for this internship will be within:
1. Project Management
- Support the Procurement Sourcing Managers in building category strategy and business cases with different suppliers and in coordinating with external and internal stakeholders as required;
- Support the implementation of Protein in the Benelux cluster. Protein is the efficiency program which will generate 1 billion euros in savings by 2020;
- Lead tender activity for the new HQ building of Danone Netherlands.
2. Tender Management
- Manage and/or coordinate the tender process for recognizing opportunities to optimize the current process and analyzing the subsequent supplier selection process;
- Align with the legal department to make sure that documentation used for tenders (contract, specifications, etc.) is aligned with corporate requirements;
- Monitor and communicate supplier contract compliance and ethical progress (Sedex) from the tendering phase to archiving;
- Contract management and Sedex.
What’s in for you?
As Professional Services Purchasing Intern, you will have a unique possibility to learn about processes and ways of working across all departments in a dynamically developing organization.
- Learn & Grow
You will assist the Professional Services team and will be involved in many projects. You are also expected to work individually, since the objective of this internship is also to assign you interesting projects which you can lead autonomously. Therefore, you will have the opportunity of high visibility and exposure within the company, therein to the top management.
We are looking for…
A Bachelor or Master student in Business, Supply Chain, or Procurement. You:
- Have a strong analytical mindset, while you are rigorous to structure your work;
- Like to take responsibility and ownership for your projects.;
- Act with agility, speed and pragmatism;
- Show curiosity and you are able to easily connect to people;
- Are fluent in English – written and oral.
There are also some hard requirements that you should consider:
- You are enrolled as a student during the whole duration of the internship (if you are a non-EU citizen, you need to be enrolled at a Dutch university);
- You are fluent in English – oral and written;
- You can start in June 2018 for a minimum of 6 months, 4-5 days a week;
- You are able to work in Amsterdam, Netherlands
At Danone, we are dedicated to achieving health through food. And not only that; we want our mission to benefit people of every age, in every social and cultural environment and in every part of the world - as many people as possible.
Cycles & Procurement is right at the heart of making the Danone vision One Planet. One Health a reality. Through what & how we source, we shape the world in which we operate & we build the future for Danone.
With our Cycles we protect and secure our key resources (Milk, Water and Plastic) & we take a strategic approach to Procurement to support the business and social agenda of Danone. We are one team of procurement professionals worldwide working closely together with our colleagues across the Company. We secure competitive, sustainable resources, seek innovative solutions and partner up with suppliers aligned to our vision.
Hit the “apply” button now. We are looking for someone as soon as possible. So, the sooner you apply, the better. Need more information? Please contact Denisa Galaskova via email@example.com or +31 6 526 792 19.