Regulatory Affairs Manager
About the Job
We are offering you a broad regulatory role where your main objective will be to provide pragmatic and business-oriented support to our Dairy and Waters divisions in Belgium. You will take part in strategic business projects, as well as day-to-day review of labelling sheets, packaging and communication.
The key challenge in this role is to support the business in compliance with EU & Belgian food regulations, Danone’s guidelines & policies, while managing both internal and external stakeholders to safeguard the reputation of the Belgian Dairy business and the Benelux Waters & Beverages business (in close cooperation with the External Affairs team).
You will be part of the Legal & regulatory team, headed by the General Counsel Benelux. The team delivers high quality and pragmatic regulatory advice to our Dairy and Waters businesses in the Benelux, while managing internal and external stakeholders (such as law firms and authorities). The Legal & regulatory team focuses on innovative ways to help the business reach their objectives while ensuring compliance with internal and external requirements.
Bring your in-depth knowledge of EU & Belgian food regulations and business sense to the Benelux legal & regulatory team of Danone and we’ll give you an exciting opportunity to develop your career within an international group.
Your key responsibilities:
- Contribute to validate product composition, co-create and/or validate labeling and packaging designs of our products by formulating recommendations based on regulatory framework, self-regulation, Danone’s guidelines and policies
- Provide regulatory assessment of all communication materials (Flemish and French), including consumer and sales communication via all channels used and review of websites content
- Contribute to innovation projects by bringing regulatory expertise & solutions to the development project team
- Contribute to validate promotional actions and materials from regulatory standpoint
- Execute the notification process of products on the Belgian market, where applicable
- Monitor and contribute to implement evolution in legislation or new legislation and align with relevant internal stakeholders
- Contribute to train relevant internal stakeholders on all regulatory matters
- Support company representation in trade associations on technical matters (being part of relevant working groups)
- Participation to Dairy and Waters EU Danone regulatory network to provide local input on regulatory topics & interpretations, guidelines and monitoring.
In order to be successful in this position, we expect you to be a qualified lawyer or to hold a Bachelor/Master in Food Science, with 3 to 5 years of relevant professional experience in the food industry. We expect you to be fluent in Dutch (native/fluent), French and English, both in writing and orally.
You are someone who shows drive and commitment, someone who is not afraid to switch from strategic discussions to day-to-day reviewing/validation duties. You are able to have a positive impact on our organization, acting with commercial acuteness and energy and you are not afraid to deliver risks assessments in a fast-growing environment. You are a strong team player and you can easily engage pro-actively and effectively with key stakeholders. What is your secret recipe? Your intellectually curiosity and willingness to learn help you in making the difference in your job.
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies.
Need more information?