Research Analyst LC-MS
About the job
Danone Nutricia Research is currently looking for a talented and highly motivated Senior Assistant Scientist LC-MS. The team is part of the Global Gut Biology and Microbiology Centre of Excellence based in Utrecht. The Senior Assistant Scientist LC-MS will provide invaluable knowledge and experience in the field of mass spectrometry, proteomics and advanced molecular techniques for early life nutrition.
In this position you will contribute to building scientific substantiation and know-how to address the questions related to role of infant formula on human health with the focus on early life nutrition.
In this postions it you will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate execution of experimental work by independently designing and conducting experiments in the field of mass spectrometry based proteomics
- Maintains, runs LC-MS equipment, including running and improving database search programs
- Develops new assays for mass spectrometry-based questions
- Compile, interpret and record experimental data and present results at team meetings
- Continually identify opportunities to improve current procedures and protocols
- Keep up-to-date on trends and new developments in the area of MS based proteomics
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary scientific project teams for the execution of laboratory analysis
- Contribute to every-day operations of the laboratory and maintain the good laboratory practice and safety
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in or related field
- At least 3 years of laboratory work experience with LC-MS in an academic or industrial setting
- Extensive hands-on experience with HPLC and mass spectrometry equipment (Agilent, Thermo)
- Experience with complex searches of proteomics database (Mascot, Proteome Discoverer)
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to work with a high level of accuracy and precision
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Well organized, methodical and flexible to changing priorities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to develop relationships with colleagues throughout different levels of the organization
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, analytical, open-minded, curious and hands-on approach
Danone is a multinational food company dedicated to bringing health through food to as many people as possible. This mission guides our 2.250 “Danoners” in the Netherlands and more than 100.000 worldwide on an everyday basis.
Nutricia Research is part of Danone. R&D is an important basis of the work we do in nutrition and health. We collaborate with partners, for example in academia, suppliers and healthcare, we aim to identify new nutritional intervention opportunities and develop innovative product forms. Our largest innovation centre is located on Utrecht Science Park, the Netherlands. It is a state-of-the-art centre for the development of new nutrition product concepts for Early Life Nutrition and Advanced Medical Nutrition. We create products that provide clinically proven health benefits to vulnerable consumers – infants, toddlers, expecting mothers, the elderly and patients.
What is next?
If you would like to apply for this position you can apply on our website with your resume and cover letter. If you have any questions about the vacancy you can contact Joyce van der Burg, Joyce.email@example.com.