Research & Innovation Engineer
About the Job
The Research & Innovation (R&I) Portfolio Management Team for the United Kingdom, Belgium and Netherlands (UBN Cluster) are responsible to deliver de following main objectives:
- Build the cluster’s project portfolio in consistency with local growth requirements and European strategic imperatives and synergies
- Drive the select and define phase of the projects with project leader in order to build the brief with the cluster in some projects with the other cluster
- Support the Development team and the Cross functional team to progress with the projects to ensure quality, excellent execution and targeted timing
Together with the line manager, as the R&I Engineer for Belgium and Netherlands, you will impact two main areas:
1. Project Execution in Belgium and the Netherlands by supporting stakeholders and cross-functional teams:
- Together with the R&I iDC (Product Development teams) in some projects or alone form R&I in other project and the cross functional team, is responsible to define the brief with the project leader and the core team and land this brief into go develop
- Lead tasting sessions for the projects and main market benchmarks. Aligned with R&I iDC, SBS or Portfolio Manager, he/she will drive the sessions (embarking Brand teams, Quality and R&I) to perform product evaluation and drive the action plan and recommendations
- Produce Launch sheet and finetune labelling sheet for her/his project or scope
- Ensure connection within R&I Danone Dairy community for product news and information and follow key strategic projects and disruptive technologies (best practices and knowledge sharing, and market understanding and sampling)
- He/She is the R&I SPOC for BE and NL as a proximity leader
2. Cluster Portfolio Management and Governance for the scope of Belgium and the Netherlands:
- Update the Pipe-line and the Calendar together with the R&I Portfolio group leader
- BE and NL Market involvement
- Apply stage-gate project management to manage all deliverables of the project development perfect execution and launch on time, cost and at quality with seamless decision-maker communication and risk management
- Lead competition benchmarking and Nutritional analysis
- Build a deep understanding of main competitors and market trends: product and pack, nutrition and communication main focus on BE and NL
Will you become the newest member of our Research & Innovation Portfolio Management Team for the cluster of UK, Belgium & Netherlands?
You have a Masters Degree in Engineering, Science or Food. You have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience with extended focus on Product Development and Project Management.
You will possess the following qualities:
- Passion for R&I to contribute to a great consumer experience and the building of strong brands through innovation
- Languages: fluency in English mandatory, fluency in French an advantage - though proven linguistic ability plus willingness to learn spoken French up to professional level is acceptable
- Excellent communication skills, in particular the ability to listen and translate this into actionable briefs
- Team player with a natural ability and predisposition to take the lead where/when needed
- Ability to adapt well to new environments and resilience / leadership to manage change
- Professional project manager, action-biased with strong work ethic
- Personal initiative, self-starter, able to quickly understand objectives and independently manage the delivery of results
- Able to build strong Networking and relation with the different stakeholders at Cluster and Market Level as well as Regional level.
- Results and Solutions oriented
- Intention to continue a growth full career in R&I
What’s in it for you?
At Danone we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary and yearly bonus.
But more importantly – many opportunities for growth in the company!
At Danone, we are dedicated to achieving health through food. And not only that; we want our mission to benefit people of every age, in every social and cultural environment and in every part of the world - as many people as possible.
Hit the “apply now” button!
Need more information? Please contact: