Within the Gut Biology and Microbiology platform within Danone R&I we are looking for a Scientist Bioinformatics. This position is in the team of Sebastian Tims.
In this role, you partner with Nutricia’s R&D to solidify Nutricia as the company of choice by demonstrating superior scientific credibility in the field of human gut microbiota and health. From this pivotal position within Nutricia’s R&D division you will:
- Be part of the multidisciplinary Gut Microbiology team that studies interactions between health, nutrition and the intestinal microbiome during the very early phases of human life.
- Be the point-of-contact for complex data handling, integration and data mining:
- Handle large data (sets) and make these accessible for other researchers or data scientists.
- Assess new data, determine the right context, and contribute to ongoing research initiatives.
- Employ basic bio-statistics analysis skills for a first line analysis of complex and/or big data sets.
- Proactively investigate alternatives to analyze and visualize historical, current and new large data sets.
- Serve as a first-point of contact for inquiries regarding large molecular data sets to internal initiatives.
We are looking for someone with a MSc degree with at least 5 years (or with a BSc degree with at least 10 years) of progressive experience in (applied) scientific research preferably working in, or closely with, food industry R&D. You have been highly proficient in a biological scientific setting (such as molecular biology or microbiology) as well as data handling of complex large data sets. Moreover, you have demonstrated potential to collaborate with experts across diverse scientific disciplines.
In addition, you fit this role perfectly because you are/have:
- Excellent at scientific writing and presenting complex handlings in simple terms (fluent in English);
- Capable of assessing and prioritizing scientific opportunities across multiple disciplines;
- Capable of recognizing and energizing peers that actively accelerate (microbiome) data understanding;
- Capable of engaging higher management and relaying complex messages in comprehensible terms;
- Broad experience in biology;
- Experienced in integrating complex/omics data sets by translating the required handling into custom made programs (e.g., by scripting in R)
For more information about the position, please Joyce van der Burg via +31 6 46869687.
You can apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org