Scientist Nutritional Programming
Would you like to create and deliver world class science that impacts on the role of nutrition in the development of Metabolism & Growth? Are you passionate about understanding the developmental origins of health and disease and the power of nutrition to influence this trajectory? Do you have knowledge and experience using in-vivo models and tools to support us in this?
Then we are looking for you to stenghten the team of Nutritional Programming team as a Scientist Nutritional Programming.
As a scientist your Mission: To manage, drive and execute high standard and complex in-vivo studies, from start to finish, as an active member of a multidisciplinary, multinational team in order to understand the underlying metabolic mechanisms that steer long-term health outcomes
The role of Scientist is positioned in the Global Center of Excellence for Metabolism and Growth and will report to the Team Leader Nutritional Programming. As a Scientist you will work on multiple research projects from start to finish, with desk work as well as lab work required. The role is part of a cross functional team, with many internal and external connections. You will support and execute high standard studies, develop internal reports and scientific publications for public domain and contribute to the translation of discovery science into innovations.
Other key responsibilities:
- Focus on nutrient requirements during different life stages (maternal, infancy, early childhood) to build nutritional concepts that support a healthy growth & metabolic function
- Conceptualize, design and perform preclinical experiments, as part of optimizing and managing external and internal collaborations
- Report, communicate, present and leverage scientific data to both internal stakeholders and external parties
- Provide scientific expertise to other team members and/or colleagues
- Effectively set up collaborative projects with internal and external partners, a.o. academic groups and CROs
We are looking for a Scientist Nutritional Programming with:
- A University degree and Master’s degree in Life Sciences, Nutrition, Physiology or Biomedical Sciences or related discipline
- Experience running in-vivo research and lab related tasks/sample analyses
- Experience in translating science into clear messaging for different stakeholders and audiences
- Flexible and able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary environment with competing and rapidly changing priorities
- Possession of Article 9 (WoD) or comparable in-vivo certification
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
You are a strong, pro-active professional, who can work independently within a complex and multinational environment. Furthermore, you are an open and transparent team player with passion for scientific discovery and collaboration, particularly in the fields of early life nutrition and metabolism.
About Danone and our mission
Danone is a multinational food company dedicated to bringing health through food to as many people as possible. This mission guides our 2.250 “Danoners” in the Netherlands and more than 100.000 worldwide on an everyday basis.
Nutricia Research is part of Danone. R&D is an important basis of the work we do in nutrition and health. We collaborate with partners, for example in academia, suppliers and healthcare, we aim to identify new nutritional intervention opportunities and develop innovative product forms. Our largest innovation center is located in Utrecht Science Park, the Netherlands. It is a state-of-the-art center for the development of new nutritional product concepts for Early Life Nutrition and Advanced Medical Nutrition. We create products that provide clinically proven health benefits to vulnerable consumers – infants, toddlers, expecting mothers, the elderly and patients.
Are you the Scientist Nutritional Programming we are looking for?
If you have any question about the position or the recruitment procedure, please contact Joyce van der Burg (Talent Manager), Joyce.firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested, please apply with resume and motivation letter.