Senior Assistant Probiotics
Danone Nutricia Research is currently looking for a talented and highly motivated Senior Assistant Microbiology to join the Probiotic Research Team. The team is part of the Global Gut Biology and Microbiology Centre of Excellence based in Utrecht. The Senior Assistant Scientist will provide invaluable knowledge and experience in the field of microbiologic, fermentation and advanced molecular techniques in the area of probiotics for early life nutrition.
In this position you will contribute building scientific substantiation and know-how to address the questions related to role of probiotics on human health with the focus in early life nutrition.
- Ensure accurate execution of experimental work by independently designing and conducting experiments in the field of probiotics and microbial fermentation;
- Compile, interpret and record experimental data and present results at team and department meetings;
- Continually identify opportunities to improve current procedures and protocols;
- Keep up-to-date on trends and new developments in the probiotics research areas;
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary scientific project teams for the execution of laboratory analysis;
- Contribute to every-day operations of the laboratory and maintain the good laboratory practice and safety.
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in Food Microbiology, Microbial Fermentation or related field;
- Minimum of 3 years of laboratory work experience in an academic or industrial setting;
- Experience in working with anaerobic bacteria, microbial fermentation and molecular techniques;
- Knowledge of bacterial genetics, bacterial physiology and probiotics is a plus;
- Skills and experience writing research protocols and scientific reports;
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to work with a high level of accuracy and precision;
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment;
- Well organized, methodical and flexible to changing priorities;
- Strong communication skills;
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, open-minded, curious and hands-on approach;
- Proactively bringing ideas and opportunities to the table;
- Feels comfortable in a dynamic and demanding work environment.
Click the 'apply' button now. For more information about the vacancy, please contact Joyce van der Burg (Corporate Recruiter) via Joyce.firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone; 0031646869687 (please apply with your CV and cover letter).