Senior Assistant Scientist
Danone has worldwide R&D facilities and established a research & innovation center at the Utrecht Science Park in 2013. The Advanced Analytical Discovery Team (AAD) part of Human Milk Research (HMR) is an integral part of it and needs additional support of a skilled Senior Assistant Scientist/ Lab–Engineer experienced in advanced instrumental analysis.
In your new role, you will support the analytical goals of HMR/AAD by your senior expertise in cutting edge instrumental analytical technologies.
Your analytical focus will include but not be limited to GC-MS, ESI-LC-MS, UV-HPLC for structural characterization and quantitation of biomolecules (oligosaccharides, peptides /proteins, metabolites) and volatiles like lipid oxidation markers. Application of preparative SEC and MALDI-MS of biomolecules might also be required in future.
You will conduct lab analysis utilizing the technologies on a daily basis and in close cooperation with other departments like our product development department. You will also develop or adapt new analytical methods for novel projects. Finally, evaluation, (scientific) interpretation, reporting and presentation of results in alignment with your team leader will be part of your new role.
Depending on future evolution of tasks, you are also ready to take over responsibility for technical and scientific research projects and are willing to guide other team members if required. You also like to work with project stakeholders from cross functional teams with highly developed diverse scientific, analytical and technical expertise.
This position will be in the front line of applied and exciting life science research at our new Nutricia Research Center in Utrecht!
- Senior Technician or engineering/ diploma/ master/ bachelor degree in Biotechnology or Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Chemistry, Biology or similar (nature sciences)
- At least 3-5 years of hands on ESI-LC-MS, UV-HPLC, GC-MS, preparative SEC, and (optionally) MALDI-MS experience in life science research or within the food sector including method development and organization of lab workflows.
Optionally you have state-of-the-art expertise in application of UV/RI-HPLC and biochemical methods such as ELISA, 2D-gel-electrophoresis, enzymatic protein digestion, SPE sample pretreatment as well as lab automation using robotic devices (Hamilton lab robot).
- You are skilled in usage of the necessary software to run the described analytical instrumentation (e.g. Explorer Series, Analyst (ABSciex), Exalibur, Bioworks, Chromeleon (Thermo Scientific), Chemstation (Agilent) etc.
- You are able to do the evaluation of large, complex data sets e.g. with advanced (multivariate) statistics-software tools utilizing e.g. PCA and related software solutions.
- You are capable of managing self-supervised analytical and scientific projects and you are ready to present results to scientists and managers.
- You have senior experience in (bio-) analytical method development as well as in preparation of standard operation procedures (SOPs) and ISO 90xx and/or GMP workflows.
- You are hands-on, flexible, self-starter but also a teamplayer, open minded and creative.
- You have excellent verbal and written skills in English, other languages (German, Dutch, French) would be a plus
Last but not least: You are driven by knowledge and results through your passion and enthusiasm for the job and our company values!
We offer you a permanent position in an innovative multinational company with an open and dynamic atmosphere. Please apply via our corporate website.
Applications via e-mail will not be processed.