Senior Brand Manager Dairy
Leading & driving a tangible business impact on the most iconic brand of a multinational company isn’t in everyone’s DNA. Is it in yours?
About the Job
As Senior Brand Manager, based on a thorough understanding of the consumer, the brand, its market and competition, you lead and make brands strategy and action plan to meet and beat the agreed objectives in terms of volumes, market share and profitability. You report to a Group Brand Manager within the Marketing department.
Concretely, you will bring value by…
- Understanding and leveraging key consumer-insight led trends in the market,
- Ensuring clear understanding of the drivers and inhibitors of the performance of the brands,
- Building existing range via maintenance and renovation of the base, refreshing & extending as appropriate with relevant new products and concepts,
- Developing breakthrough launch plans for the brand innovation, creating a compelling activation plans that will drive trial on these new products, and beyond (holistic brand level),
- Driving excellent execution of the agreed support plan & recommending amendments to the plan as appropriate to drive stronger performance,
- Pro-actively and continuously identifying new opportunities to drive the portfolio & activation through a clear understanding of the consumer, competition and trade.
Your key accountabilities will be…
- Brand strategy and plans development,
- Brand performance,
- Media plan development,
- Local cross-functional team lead,
- Agency management,
- Lead & develop 1 Brand Manager & 1 Junior Brand Manager.
Defining long-term vision & strategy of your brand and at the same time growing & coaching your team… Driving them towards excellence in execution and creating strong action plans together to activate your brand… These are some of the challenges you could soon take on at Danone!
Our soon to be Senior Brand Manager is a true believer of the magic & impact marketing can bring to make a brand alive and let it shine. But not only...!
If you are our ideal candidate, you have a master degree in marketing or business management and a proven background in consumer brand management (at least 5-6 year experience) within FMCG. You are fluent in English and French or Dutch.
We believe you also need to:
- Be analytical & fond of data to quickly interpret and transform them into recommendation and growth plans,
- Have a strategic thinking to challenge the status quo, drive meaningful change and develop long term vision and strategies,
- Be a proactive entrepreneur with the ability to lead projects and people effectively, initiate new projects and be resourceful and creative in your approach,
- Flourish in a team and have the power to generously listen and collaborate efficiently with all functions, at all levels both internally and externally,
- Unlock potential of people.
A previous experience in a sales type of role (category management, etc.) will be highly appreciated.
Are you up for it? If you feel passionate enough for this challenging marketing opportunity, apply now and become the new Senior Brand Manager for our biggest Dairy brand in Belgium
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Click here to discover more about Danone in the Benelux.
In the marketing team, we take care of looking at all new trends in the market, building the strategy of our beloved brands and activating them in the market. You will work with dynamic and committed colleagues from different departments (shopper marketing, category management, etc.) and cultures, to bring this strategy alive with a lot of fun & passion!
At Danone we offer a complete package of benefits, including a good primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave, discounts on a collective health insurance and our Danone products.
But more importantly, this role will give you a solid basis and a gateway to continue your career in either the marketing environment (different brands or even division) or towards a next role in other departments closely related to this function.
We are looking forward to getting to know you soon!
Hit the “apply now” button. Part of the interview process will be a telephone interview, followed by interviews (incl. business case) in our office in Brussels (Docks). To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
For more information, please contact me: