Senior Buyer Professional Services Benelux
Cycles & Procurement is right at the heart of making the Danone vision One Planet. One Health a reality. Through what & how we source, we shape the world in which we operate & we build the future for Danone.
With our Cycles we protect and secure our key resources (Milk, Water and Plastic) & we take a strategic approach to Procurement to support the business and social agenda of Danone. We are one team of procurement professionals worldwide working closely together with our colleagues across the Company. We secure competitive, sustainable resources, seek innovative solutions and partner up with suppliers aligned to our vision.
Protein is an ambitious program to maximize efficiencies and deliver significant levels of savings through a combination of Sourcing and Demand Management. The Professional Services Lead Benelux + HQ will become the Cluster Category Procurement Leader (CPL), working closely with the other Professional Services CPL’s, Functional Budget Owners (FBO) and the Category Efficiency Drivers (CED) to identify and drive delivery of local savings and the challenges to spend on ongoing basis.
About the Job
You will bring sourcing expertise and best practice knowledge to generate savings and efficiencies across all Professional Services categories, across the cluster, and across all business units and Supply Points (Dairy, ELNand AMN). Play a key role in the business priority program ‘Protein’, implementing and adapting the global program plan to generate savings. Then you must also identify and take advantage of additional local opportunities. In addition, ensure activity is measured via appropriate KPIs, co-manage local suppliers, and help Danone benefit from technological advances and changes in supplier ecosystems.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Implement our Global Productivity Program
- Ensure category purchasing missions and all activities around strategic sourcing
- Seek continuous improvement of the procurement activities
- Participate to category strategy & roadmap building
- Cost optimization & controlling
This position is based in Amsterdam (Schiphol), the Netherlands, and requires around 20% of traveling within the Benelux.
- Master degree in Business Administration or equivalent;
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience including at least 5 years within a procurement function;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex problems;
- Ability to lead multiple projects and to prioritize under stressful situations;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capacity to engage people;
- Fluent in English is a must, working proficiency in Dutch is preferred.
- This role requires advanced skills in Sourcing, Supplier Relationship Management, Influencing (internally and externally), and Supplier Compliance
What’s in it for you?
At Danone we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave and several discounts on a collective health insurance and even on some of our products.
But more importantly – this is a unique opportunity to bring a lot of value into Danone were future possibilities are discussed based on your personal development needs.
Hit the “apply now” button.
Need more information?
Please contact Yael O’Callaghan, Talent Manager via +31652396755 or email@example.com