(Senior) Demand Planner
About the Job
As a Demand Planner you will manage the forecasting process of a country/zone on the long/mid and short term horizon (Information gathering, Forecast production, data validation, coherence between horizons...)
Within this role you will work closely with Sales, Marketing and Customer Service. In addition, the Demand Planning Manager ensures the consistency & development in forecasting methodology and tools as well as coaches and develops his/ her team.
A sample of your main responsibilities :
You are the main driver for the accurate generation of a consolidated rolling 24 months demand forecast whereby information from Marketing and Sales is key
- Prepare and lead the cross functional monthly Demand Reviews with Sales and Marketing to discuss and understand the business dynamics in order to deliver an accurate forecast.
- Constant analysis of the performance of the sales versus forecast and monitor customer trends in order to make forecast recommendations and mitigate risks on out of stocks and write offs.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Sales and Operational Planning process (S&OP), by providing information and analysis on volume trends
You are the CBU connection with Medical Distribution Centre on discussing, challenging and solving out of stock situations, Supply Risks and write off costs.
- Coordination of repack/ co-pack activities with external parties for specific products and promotions
- Pro-active and pragmatic attitude in solving delivery issues together with internal and external stakeholders parties and departments
You represent Supply Chain in multidisciplinary product introduction meetings.
Summarizing, you contribute to the department and company targets (e.g. Service Level, forecast accuracy/bias, write of costs) and optimization of supply chain processes.
Do you want to enjoy the buzz of Supply Chain working in a multidisciplinary team? Join us now as Demand Planner (full time - location: Brussels) and become our next rising star!
You obtained a Master or Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Economics, Business Administration, or similar. Secondly, you have a first professional experience (3-5 years) in Supply or Demand Planning or within a Warehouse.
In addition, you are fluent in Dutch or French and English
It would be great if you:
- Know your way around an ERP system (preferably SAP APO)
- Are seen as a strong communicator who can negotiate and influence;
- Are capable to clarify complex situation, making clarity to facilitate decision making around scenarios
- Are performance driven (business drive) teamplayer with a critical, analytical mentality
- Enjoy the buzz of Supply Chain; you are a process-minded yet flexible person able to cope with pressure, always keeping the end goal in mind.
- Can take the lead, influence and put your mark on our way of working;
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Click here to discover more about Danone in the Benelux.
Our core values - Humanism, Openness, Proximity and Enthusiasm embody the way we aspire to behave in everything we do. If you are an energetic person who believes in these principles, then Danone is the right company for you! Join our dynamic team and help us make our vision a reality by playing a key role in the performance of Danone and all its brands. competitive salary package makes it all even more interesting.
But more importantly – we offer a wide range of opportunities to launch your career within Supply Chain and beyond!
Hit the “apply now” button. You have until the closing date July 31st 2019 to apply. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact: