Senior (Digital) Media Manager
Passionate about marketing & brand media strategy, interested in traditional media but also digital savvy? Do you recognized yourself in this? Then this might be of interest for you!
About the Job
As our new Senior (Digital) Media Manager, you will be responsible for building winning Media strategies for our Danone Dairy brands in the Benelux. You report directly to the Head of Marketing Netherlands and dotted to the Head of Marketing Belgium.
While working closely with Brand Managers and Digital Media Managers, you will:
- Contribute to identify the most relevant and effective “Touchpoint Mix” and communication planning to achieve brand business objectives
- Forecast constant changes of media consumption and new consumer behaviours in order to adapt and optimize budget spent in all media touchpoints
- Manage agency partners and overall Danone media budgets
- Manage annual negotiations with media owners together with agency partners
Concretely, you will bring value by:
- Working on the Brand Media Strategy and Planning for the 2 markets (BE and NL)
- support Marketing team in order to maximize total touchpoint mix for all active Danone brands
- supervise development, execution and evaluation of tactical plans across all touchpoints, including digital in cooperation with Digital Manager (co-develop new media strategic orientation within the organization).
- Implementation together with the marketing team of a defined integrated communication model
- Be responsible for the Media buying for the 2 markets (BE and NL)
- lead negotiation and partnership management with key media suppliers (TV, digital) focused on value but also quality of cooperation and innovative solutions enabling win-win business model
- define long and short term opportunities on the market
- challenge the efficiency of everyday buying strategy (focus on TV and digital)
- Managing our cooperation with media agencies for the 2 markets (BE and NL)
- Responsible for managing priorities and resources between media agencies and marketing teams
- Responsible of the relationship and accountable for the agency’s performance
- Management of planning and buying process among Marketing Directors, Brand Managers, Purchasing department internally
- Internal & External expertise development
- Development of the marketing & (as applicable) customer team expertise regarding media (on and off)
- Collaborate and connect with the global media team to share expertise and take learnings from global and other CBUs
- Be an external POC for Danone Media across the cluster
- Directly manage and develop 1 digital manager in the team.
We are looking for our media expert to build winning media strategies for our Benelux dairy brands! You will be the linking pin between agencies and internal marketeers, building and driving the media strategy to achieve brand objectives.
You have more than 8-10 years of professional experience in marketing field (Media Manager, Brand manager with excellent command of media and digital, Marketing Communication Manager) or in a media agency as a media director, senior media planner, senior media buyer.
Our ideal candidate also need:
- Willingness to travel on a weekly basis between Belgium & the Netherlands as this role has a Benelux scope and will require a strong connectivity with both the Dutch and the Belgian marketing team & media agency.
- Good understanding and experience with brand building and platform communication.
- Excellent expertise and experience with media planning and buying (including negotiation), with focus on TV and digital.
- Strong understanding of Brand Digital Fundamentals across Owned/Paid/Earned, experience with Digital Strategy development and Digital tools management
- Extensive experience with communication strategy development and concrete execution of multi touchpoint solutions.
- Experience with external partners management (agencies, partnership, negotiation and sourcing).
- Ability to influence and convince internal stakeholders
- Proven ability to challenge the status quo, initiate (self-starter), lead projects and people effectively
- Strong intellectual curiosity and problem solving skills
- Proactively networks with others to bring outside in learning and best practice to drive the new paradigm marketing agenda
- Ability to quickly adapt plans to address emerging trends and competitive threats
Are you up for it? If you feel passionate enough for this challenging marketing opportunity, apply now and become the new Senior (Digital) Media Manager for our Dairy division in the Benelux.
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. Click here to discover more about Danone in the Benelux.
At Danone we offer a complete package of benefits, including a good primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave, discounts on a collective health insurance and our Danone products.
But more importantly, this role will give you a solid basis and a gateway to continue your career in either the marketing environment (different brands or even division) or towards a next role in other departments closely related to this function.
We are looking forward to getting to know you soon! Hit the “apply now” button. Part of the interview process will be a telephone interview, followed by interviews (incl. business case) in our office in Brussels (Docks). To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
For more information, please contact me: