Senior Global Specification Manager Packaging
Danone is a world leader in Early Life Nutrition (ELN) providing healthy and cost-effective nutrition to millions of babies and toddlers each day. It’s a wonderful privilege and, at the same time, a huge responsibility that depends on the expert sourcing of a wide range of raw ingredients. To ensure our ongoing success in this area, we currently seek candidates with advanced specifications experience and knowledge to apply for the important role of Senior Global Specifications Manager Packaging. We offer a one-year external contract.
This is a multi-facing, cross-functional strategy and senior packaging role based at our new, state-of-the-art RD&I facility in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
As such, this is a role for candidates with strong packaging expertise who fulfill the following criteria:
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in an area such as Material Science, Packaging, Food Science/Technology or related;
- At least 5 years of Packaging Development expertise with a strong focus on food products;
- Able to impact and influence stakeholders in a non-hierarchical, cross functional and highly international environment;
- Strong interest in Food Safety element of packaging materials;
- Resilient personality with a strong can-do mentality;
- Continuous improvement mind set;
As Senior manager you will manage the specifications part of the packaging material portfolio globally. You are accountable to ensure full food safety and regulatory compliance of the Packaging materials worldwide to ensure highest quality standards of finished products for sensitive customers. Your role represents a unique opportunity to combine technical expertise, global vision and business acumen within a very challenging but inspiring category. Central to this opportunity, your role is to cooperate closely with other departments and stakeholders including R&D, Product, Quality and Purchasing. This requires you to convince and engage at a senior level as we seek to accelerate the pace of specification optimization by defining new ways of working.
To this end you will be a key part of a new Packaging Specifications Management team designed to enhance the highest levels of specification quality and processes in a cross-functional environment. Additional responsibilities will be:
- Drive specification upgrading process: functional specification, supplier SPC (tolerances), new regulatory global requirements, safety risks anticipation
- Identify opportunities for specification improvement, efficiency, complexity reduction, security of supply and translate those into concrete harmonization projects across factories and suppliers.
- Achieve first time right/quality by design for any pack specification change introduced across whole value chain by executing robust specification management processes
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Excellent teamworking and communication skills in a non-hierarchical, cross functional and highly international environment
- Ability to design, align and implement new processes, mindset, new wow’s
- Ability to work efficiently in a changing and complex environment
- Pragmatism and agility: operational focus, booster, operational improvements
- At least some years of strong knowhow in one packaging category: raw materials, pack conversion processes/technologies, pack testing through supply chain, pack cost drivers, regulations etc.
- Project management experience is a pro
A great opportunity for professional and personal growth:
- Work for the market leader in a very challenging category (Infant nutrition) with tough regulatory frames. In very dynamically growing business.
- Opportunity to co-build very new organization in the heart of the top company priority: building a new multicultural team vision/ambition/priority and defining new ways of working globally, across the Early Life Nutrition Division
- Global Scope
- Career growth opportunities at Danone Globally, cross-functionally and cross-division
This is a dynamic senior role in which you set priorities and take decisions that will make a real difference in terms of product quality and food safety to a leading global organization. If you think you have what it takes to make a success of this opportunity, please apply with resume and cover letter on our website by clicking the "apply" button now.
At first, we offer a one-year external contract.