Senior Portfolio Manager Innovation (Strategy Realization Office, NL)
Are you a person who gets excited by managing a portfolio of innovation projects and collaborating with cross-functional teams? Can you coach your team to success? Are you curious, inquisitive, and a networker? If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
The SRO (Strategy Realization Office) is the newly created Project Management Office for Innovation in the Early Life Nutrition business unit. At the heart of the Innovation management process, its mission is to deliver the right projects on time, on budget and at the right price point.
Within its Portfolio & Governance team, we are looking for a senior portfolio manager for our Innovation in our biggest category (worldwide) and for the region Europe across categories. For about 15% or your time, you will lead a team of 2 persons located in Utrecht.
Are you a person who gets excited by managing a portfolio of innovation projects and collaborating with cross-functional teams?
Your accountabilities will be:
- Leading population and maintenance of the Innovation portfolio in our web-based PPM (Portfolio and Project Management) tool;
- Facilitating strategic discussion by providing accurate and relevant views of the portfolio; and communicating to appropriate governance bodies, project teams and extended organization;
- Driving a culture of sustainable performance via excellence in governing of innovation and project management;
- Close ties with governance boards and project teams and managing the worldwide community of stakeholders in charge of local innovation portfolios.
- Lead creation and maintenance of Innovation projects and portfolios in the PPM tool;
- Perform and interpret portfolio analyses with the PPM tool (40% of your time);
- Identify possible gaps between strategies / KPI’s and project portfolio and recommend actions to be taken to implement priorities and improve delivery of projects;
- Drive implementation of stage gate Innovation process (OPENWAY) worldwide and cross functionally;
- Identify and develop strategies to improve business process which drive significant impact on the innovation portfolio;
- Coaching and leading a team of 2 young professionals in Utrecht
We Are Looking for An Experienced and Enthusiastic Communicator with
- At least 8 years of experience (for example in portfolio management, project management);
- Communication - Impact and influence in non-hierarchical, cross functional environment, Networker;
- Pragmatism and agility;
- Proven analytical skills, experience and affinity with business processes;
- Computer skills, including experience with electronic project management, resource management and document workflow tools;
- Affinity with product and process development, supply point processes, quality management;
- Willing & able to travel internationally (10%)
In this role, you have the opportunity to combine technical expertise with business acumen. Your career progression can be within SRO (i.e. global project management), but also outside like R&D, Operations or Quality.
Please apply with your CV and Motivation Letter before the end of May (both are mandatory). For more information about the position, please contact Jolijn Scholtes (Talent Manager R&I) via firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications through email will not be processed.