(Senior) Project Manager Engineering
About the Job
As a (Senior) Project Manager Engineering you will take the full responsibility of the engineering and project management of the new Canning Line from design to execution phase within our new state-of- the-art factory for infant milk powders & specialized nutrition it is also envisaged that other & new key projects of different size will be managed by you.
As mentioned above, one of the main projects will be the complete realization (from design to start up to ramp-up) of the second canning line in Haps Factory on Time, on Cost and Right First Time, enabling the volume and sales commitments as per the business case.
The project will be implemented using best in class project management, stakeholder management and cross functional co-operation and collaboration ensuring excellence in design, performance, data management, qualification and validation methodology.
This particular project will consolidate Haps Factory position as best in class, showcase/lighthouse factory. The go live of this packing line will be the first, in this division of Specialized Nutrition within Danone, with full Digital in Design implementation.
A sample of your responsibilities will be:
- Work closely with the other members of the project team and ensure connections, interfaces and interactions with all the other sections of the project and overall project portfolio in Haps factory
- Ensure safety through all the project phases (0 incidents, 0 accidents, with both Danone and Subcontractors staff)
- Ensure Safety in Design incl compliance with all legal, culture and compliance requirements specifically including Machine Safety, LOTO, ATEX and 12 safety Basics.
- Ensure compliance of the installations with FMG guidelines - Be the guardian that all FMG norms are followed
- Ensure the implementation of Quality standards for processes and equipment to ensure the line achieves Danone Excellence standard first time post start-up
- Elaborate all the documentation for permitting or authorization purposes if required
- Ensure the project is in compliance with budget and schedule
- Implement Danone Nutricia engineering standards
- Integrate lean design and performance as key target of the project
- Apply all standard methodologies within the scope (DFMEA, PFMEA, HAZOP, HACCP…)
- Ensure and guard the smooth integration of utilities, civil works and equipment installation in the scope
- Contribute to build and adjust the Master Plan of the future site
- Update and finalize the specifications for the process and associated utilities
- Follow up the execution of the equipment works (including acceptance tests, regular visits)
- Coordinate all the suppliers involved in the scope
- Coordinate the qualification and validation tests (accountable for the scope)
- Organize and realize the start up of all related packaging equipment
- Support the production team during the ramp up of packaging line
- Ensure support, training and knowledge transfer to the future plant staff regarding the new canning lien
- Ensure the proper training is given by the suppliers including training documentation in time
- Ensure the as built documentation and manuals are delivered and transferred to the exploitation team
- Ensure the in time ordering of spare parts
You have a degree in food processing and/ or engineering. In addition, you have at least 5 years of professional experience in managing projects in the food industry, preferably in baby food or dairy. You speak English fluently, Dutch is a very nice-to-have.
In addition it would be great if you:
- Are experienced in Packaging Lines
- Are experienced in engineering project management
- Are able to work in matrix organizations (project team / factory team)
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Are able to take ownership and deliver results
Dedicated to bringing health through food to as many people as possible, Danone is a leading global food & beverage company building on health-focused and fast-growing categories in three businesses: Essential Dairy & Plant-Based Products, Waters and Specialized Nutrition. Danone aims to inspire healthier and more sustainable eating and drinking practices, in line with its ‘One Planet. One Health’ vision which reflects a strong belief that the health of people and that of the planet are interconnected.
In the Benelux, Danone Specialized Nutrition business operates under the Nutricia brand.
Since 1896, Nutricia has pioneered nutritional solutions that help people live longer, more joyful and healthier lives. Building on more than a century of research and innovation, Nutricia has harnessed the power of life-changing and life-saving nutrition to create a leading specialized nutrition portfolio that can change a health trajectory for life. With its nutritional solutions, Nutricia supports healthy growth and development during the first 1000 days and helps to address some of the world’s biggest health challenges; pre-term birth, faltering growth, food allergy, rare metabolic diseases, age-related conditions and chronic disease, such as frailty, cancer, stroke and early Alzheimer’s disease.
What's in it for you?
Our core values - Humanism, Openness, Proximity and Enthusiasm embody the way we aspire to behave in everything we do. If you are an energetic person who believes in these principles, then Danone is the right company for you! Join our dynamic team and help us make our vision a reality by playing a key role in the performance of Danone and all its brands. competitive salary package makes it all even more interesting. But more importantly – we offer a wide range of opportunities to launch your career within Manufacturing and beyond!
Hit the “apply now” button. You have until the closing date December 14th 2019 to apply. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me: