Shopper & Category Manager Danoner Waters Belgium
Are you passionate by understanding what drives the shoppers in the category and how we can optimize their path to purchase? Are you excited about analyzing data resulting in developing and implementing sales strategies that are fully aligned with the Brand? Do you get energy from interacting with every departments of a company?
About the Job
As a Shopper & Category Manager, based on a thorough understanding of the consumer, the brand, its market and competition, you understand what drives the shoppers in the category and how we can optimize their path to purchase. You connect the dots between different (data) resources and you derive and define the right actionable insights. You work closely together with our retail partners and build strong relationships to grow the category. Next to this, you develop and deliver the shopper marketing plan for Evian, Volvic and Badoit brands. You report to the Sales Manager within the Waters Sales Department.
Concretely, you will bring value by…
- Delivering category recommendations to the customer that meet both the company’s and the customer’s objectives.
- Fostering customer partnerships that are relevant, compelling, and differentiated from the competition.
- Building strong, reciprocal, trusted relationships across organizational and functional boundaries and using these relationships to grow the brand.
- Providing detailed data inputs for complete category reviews as well as supporting them with “own perspective” of potential opportunities. Using data to create good positioning arguments in customer discussions.
- Pre-empting potential sales fundamental risks and proactively work to mitigate them.
- Delivering strong Sales Fundamentals (range, space, distribution vs. target) across all priority customers and segments.
- Translating shopper/customer insights into actionable category strategies and tactics that drive measurable results.
- Owning the Shopper Marketing plan and budget.
- Proactively identifying potential execution issues and addressing these with the customers prior to activation.
- Anticipating competitor strategies and proactively building in to winning go-to-market activities.
For this role, you have a relevant master’s degree and at least 3 years’ experience in fast moving organization, commercial experience is an advantage. You have strong communication skills and are fluent in French, Dutch and English.
Our ideal candidate also needs the following:
- Have strong analytical ability, commercial acumen and experience with retailer data sources (e.g.: Nielsen),
- Be entrepreneur and proactivity to lead projects effectively and not afraid to speak-up to share his/her own ideas and opinion,
- Be eager to initiate new projects and be resourceful and creative in the approach,
- Be a team player with the power to collaborate efficiently with all functions, at all levels both internally and externally,
- Be very organized and able to prioritize as the multitasking is really our strength at Danone Waters,
- Have a strategic thinking to challenge the status quo, drive meaningful change and develop long term vision and strategies,
- Experience in digital is an advantage.
Become the new Shopper & Category Manager for our Danone Waters division in Brussels… Join us and play a big role in the growth of a small business unit with high ambition!
Danone Waters Benelux is a SME that commercializes the brands Evian, Badoit & Volvic in the water and flavored waters market. Our mission is to bring healthy hydration to all of our stakeholders, while constantly investing in sustainable development.
You integrate a small business unit of 26 people with big ambition. In this team, you can flourish surrounded by young, dynamic and hard worker colleagues. The team has a strong drive to move things forward and set the right balance between hard work & fun. Join this open-minded team where you can be yourself, bring your uniqueness and have an impact on the Waters category!
At Danone we offer a complete package of benefits, with a good primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave, company car, discounts on a collective health insurance and our Danone products.
But more importantly, join a company where you can daily learn and grow. This role will give you a solid basis to continue your career in either the sales environment or towards a next role in other departments closely related to this function.
Hit the “apply now” button. Part of the interview process will be a telephone interview, followed by 2 rounds of interviews in our head quarter in Brussels (Docks).
To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact me