Supply & Demand Planner
Will you be our next rising star in the Supply & Demand Planning team, located in Brussels?
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can work closely with different departments? Do you want to continuously improve our forecast accuracy? Have you got what it takes to be a driver of the S&OP process? Don’t hesitate and read on!
About the Job
As a Supply & Demand Planner you will build the Sales forecast together with Marketing and Sales and have a challenging and facilitating role in the process to achieve the continuous improvement of the forecast accuracy. Key is building a forecast for short and midterm horizon taking into account base development, trends, seasonality and events forecasting like promotions and stretching the horizon to 18 months rolling and with that facilitate in delivering transparency towards factories in future capacity needs.
Next to that it is crucial to guarantee timely communication of the forecast/ changes to all supplying factories, making sure they can deliver on promises and maintain all KPI’s agreed within the Service level agreements.
You will be working in a team of 3, reporting into the Team lead Demand & Supply planning BE. Together you will discuss and implement improved ways of working and work toward an even more excellent relationship with the Factories to create fully transparent and integrated solutions.
To give you a sample of your main activities:
- Generation of a consolidated demand forecast together with Marketing and Sales;
- Within the demand forecast, have the responsibility for the statistical / base forecast and the challenge of the delivered input by Marketing and Sales using analyses and evaluation. This for the 1-18 month horizon;
- Optimization and keeping up to date of the forecast in APO (planning module of SAP);
- Communication of forecast and related production plans with suppliers, with that guarantee optimal stock levels and minimum write offs;
- Coordination of repack/ copack activities with external parties for specific products and promotions;
- Pro active and pragmatic attitude in relation to problem solving concerning delivery issues together with internal and external parties and departments;
- Depending of personal development and project size, leading multidiscipline projects;
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Sales and Operational Planning process (S&OP), from the responsibility of the base forecast and together with Marketing and Sales for events impact;
- With that contributing in the realization of department and company targets (f.e. Service Level, logistics costs, stock levels, forecast accuracy and the optimization of processes).
Needed for success
- An educational background in Logistics/ Supply Chain/Business Engineering: Bachelor or Master;
- Speak English (mandatory)
- You are a wizard with numbers and flawless in Excel;
- You are seen as a strong communicator who can negotiate and influence
It would be awesome if you also:
- Are a born project manager always looking for improvements on our way of working;
- You are always looking for the best solutions and show initiative; your problem solving and analytical attitude will help you in this.
- You enjoy the buzz of Supply Chain; you are a process-minded yet flexible person able to cope with pressure, always keeping the end goal in mind.
- Can take the lead, influence and put your mark on our way of working;
- You know your way around SAP (APO)
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies.
What's in it for you?
Our core values - Humanism, Openness, Proximity and Enthusiasm embody the way we aspire to behave in everything we do. If you are an energetic person who believes in these principles, then Danone is the right company for you! Join our dynamic team and help us make our vision a reality by playing a key role in the performance of Danone and all its brands. competitive salary package makes it all even more interesting. But more importantly – we offer a wide range of opportunities to launch your career within Supply Chain and beyond!
Hit the “apply now” button. You have until the closing date December 23rd 2018 to apply. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information? Please contact Annelies Verbruggen, Talent Manager Supply Chain on via firstname.lastname@example.org